Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Trogons :: Black-throated Trogon
Black-throated Trogon Trogon rufus
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1788)
Alternate common name(s): Graceful Trogon, Yellow-bellied Trogon
Old scientific name(s): Trogon curucui
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 5 more images.
RangeS. Central America and nw. South America. Amazonian South America. Se. tropical South America;
(1) Caribbean slope of se. Honduras and Nicaragua and both slopes in Costa Rica and Panama to nw. Colombia.
(2) W. Colombia and w. Ecuador.
(3) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(4) E. Ecuador, e. Peru and w. Brazil.
(5) Ne. Brazil.
(6) S. Brazil (e. Bahia, Boa Nova), e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.