Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Monarch Flycatchers :: African Paradise-Flycatcher
African Paradise-Flycatcher Terpsiphone viridis
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): African Paradise Flycatcher, Grey-headed Paradise Flycatcher, Grey-headed Paradise-Flycatcher, Gray-headed Paradise Flycatcher, Gray-headed Paradise-Flycatcher, Southern Paradise Flycatcher, Southern Paradise-Flycatcher, Red-winged Paradise Flycatcher, Red-winged Paradise-Flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): Tchitrea viridis
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 6 more images.
RangeMost of Africa s. of the Sahara and s. Arabian Peninsula;
Two isolated populations on the Arabian Peninsula;
(1) Senegambia, Liberia, s. Mali e. through Burkina Faso, s. Niger to n. Nigeria.
(2) S. Ivory Coast to Cameroon, Central African Republic, Gabon and w. Sudan.
(3) Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
(4) N. Kenya.
(5) Rwanda, Kivu and nw. Tanzania.
(6) E. Tanzania. Pemba Is., Mafia Is. and Zanzibar.
(7) E. Tanzania and Zambia.
(8) Angola, w. Zaire and Namibia.
(9) E. South Africa.
(10) S. Arabia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.