Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Sunbirds and Spiderhunters :: Black Sunbird
Black Sunbird Leptocoma sericea
Described by: Lesson (1827)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Cinnyris sericea, Nectarinia coccinigastra, Nectarinia aspasia
No photographs are available for this species
Range(1) Talaut Is.
(2) Sangihe Is.
(3) N. Sulawesi.
(4) C. and s. Sulawesi.
(5) Sula Is to n. Moluccas and Peleng Is.
(6) Nw. Moluccas (Kajoa Is.).
(7) S. Moluccas (Buru Is.).
(8) S. Moluccas (Seram, Ambon to Watubela Is.), and Aru Is.
(9) Kai Is.
(10) New Guinea except the se.
(11) Se. New Guinea.
(12) Kofiau Is. off w. New Guinea.
(13) Misool Is., Salawati Is., and Waigeo Is.
(14) Numfor Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(15) Island off w. Yapen Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(16) Meos Num Is. and Rani Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(17) Biak Is. in Geelvink Bay.
(18) Liki Is. off nw. New Guinea.
(19) Tarawai Is. off nc. New Guinea.
(20) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago and Louisiade Archipelago.
(21) Bismarck Archipelago (New Britain and Umboi (Rook Is.)).
(22) Bismarck Archipelago.
(23) Bismarck Archipelago (Feni Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.