Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Siskins, Crossbills and Allies :: Yellow-fronted Canary
Yellow-fronted Canary Serinus mozambicus
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): Icterine Canary, Green Canary, Yellow-eyed Canary, Green Sysie
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 5 more images.
Range(1) Senegambia, s. Mauritania, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, s. Niger, n. Nigeria, n. Cameroon, s. Chad, and Central African Republic.
(3) N. Zaire, s. Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and w. Kenya.
(4) Sao Tome.
(5) Sw. Zaire, Gabon, Congo, and n. Angola.
(6) Se. Zaire and Zambia.
(7) Se. Angola, ex. ne. Namibia, n. and e. Botswana, and sw. Zambia.
(8) Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique.
(9) S. Mozambique to n. and e. South Africa.
(10) E. Sudan and w. Ethiopia.
(11) Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Introduced to the Mascarene Is., Hawaiian Is. (Oahu and Hawaii) and ne. Puerto Rico.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.