Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Nightjars and Allies :: White-tailed Nightjar
White-tailed Nightjar Caprimulgus cayennensis
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1789)
Alternate common name(s): Cayenne Nightjar
Old scientific name(s): Caprimulgus albicauda
No photographs are available for this species
RangeS. Central America and n. South America;
(1) Se. Costa Rica, Panama to nw. Colombia.
(2) W. Colombia to ex. n. Ecuador (Imbabura).
(3)(4) Ex. ne. Colombia, nw. Venezuela and Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire and Margarita Is.
(4) C. Lesser Antilles (Martinique).
(5) Trinidad, Tobago, Bocas Is. and Little Tobago.
(6) E. Colombia, s. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ex. n. Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.