Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Typical Antbirds :: Variable Antshrike
Variable Antshrike Thamnophilus caerulescens
Described by: Vieillot (1816)
Alternate common name(s): Mountain Antshrike, Peruvian Antshrike, Bar-bellied Antshrike, Andean Antshrike, La Paz Antshrike, Bolivian Antshrike, Tawny-bellied Antshrike
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeE. of Andes in w. through s. tropical to e. South America;
(1) N. Peru.
(2) Andes of e. Peru from La Libertad and Amazonas s. to Puno.
(3) Andes of wc. Bolivia (La Paz and Cochabamba).
(4) Lowlands of e. Bolivia (Santa Cruz).
(5) C. and s. Bolivia and nw. Argentina.
(6) S. Brazil and n. Paraguay.
(7) Lowlands of se. Brazil, Uruguay and ne. Argentina.
(8) Lowlands of c. and se. Bolivia, e. and s. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina), w. and n. Paraguay and nw. Argentina.
(9) Ec. Brazil.
(10) Sc. Brazil.
(11) E. Brazil n. to Ceara and Pernambuco.
(12) E. Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.