Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Tawny-flanked Prinia
Tawny-flanked Prinia Prinia subflava
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1789)
Alternate common name(s): Tawny Prinia
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeAfrica s. of the Sahara;
(1) S. Sahel of s. Mauritania, Senegambia, s. Mali, s. Chad, c. Sudan, c. Ethiopia and n. Uganda.
(2) Sierra Leone to sw. Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon e. to s. Uganda and w. Kenya.
(3) N. Sahel of Mali and Niger to c. Sudan, w. Ethiopia, and nw. Eritrea.
(4) Coastal plains of s. Somalia, Kenya, and Tanzania.
(5) Se. Zaire, sw. Tanzania, c. Zambia, Zimbabwe, e. Botswana, w. Mozambique, and ne. South Africa s. to Lebombo Mountains, ne. KwaZulu-Natal.
(6) E. Angola and w. Zambia.
(7) Rwanda, e. and s. Zaire, w. Zambia and highlands of Angola.
(8) Sw. Angola, n. Namibia, w. Botswana, ex. sw. Zambia, and nw. Zimbabwe.
(9) S. Tanzania, Malawi, e. Zambia, n. and c. Mozambique, and e. Zimbabwe.
(10) S. Mozambique, e. Swaziland and coastal plain of e. South Africa (Transvaal, e. Orange Free State, Natal and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.