Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: White-eyes :: African Yellow White-eye
African Yellow White-eye Zosterops senegalensis
Described by: Bonaparte (1850)
Alternate common name(s): Yellow White-eye
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. and s. Africa;
(1) S. Mauritania, Senegambia, s. Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Togo, Benin, to Uganda, n. Zaire, nw. Ethiopia and n. Eritrea.
(2) Sierra Leone, Liberia and Ivory Coast.
(3) Se. Nigeria to Cameroon, Fernando Po, n. Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, and s. Chad.
(4) Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, w. Kenya and nw. Tanzania.
(5) S. Sudan and ne. Uganda border.
(6) E. Zaire (mountains nw. of Lake Tanganyika and sw. of Lake Kivu).
(7) Lowlands ne. Zaire to w. Uganda.
(8) Highlands of Kenya and n. Tanzania (Lolionda).
(9) Mountains of s. Tanzania to e. Zambia, Malawi, and w. Mozambique.
(10) Ne. Angola to c. Zaire (Kasai).
(11) Nw. Angola (Cuaza Norte and Cuanza Sul).
(12) C. Angola (Malanje to c. highlands).
(13) S. Angola, ne. Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, s. Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique and e. South Afirca (Natal).
(14) Se. Zimbabwe to ne. South Africa (ne. Natal) and s. Mozambique.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.