Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: White-eyes :: Silver-eye
Silver-eye Zosterops lateralis
Described by: Latham (1802)
Alternate common name(s): Silvereye, Gray-backed White-eye, Grey-backed White-eye, Western Silvereye, Gray-backed Silvereye, Grey-backed Silvereye, Gray-breasted Silvereye, Grey-breasted Silvereye
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
(1) Ne. Queensland from the Mellwraith Range to Burdekin River (e. Cape York Peninsula).
(2) Ec. Queensland to Hunter River, New South Wales.
(3) E. Queensland on the Great Barrier Reef islands of the Capricorn coast.
(4) Ne. New South Wales to Victoria.
(5) Lord Howe Island.
(6) Tasmania and Flinders Is. in the Bass Strait. Tasmanian birds winter n. to ex. se. South Australia, Victoria, e. New South Wales and se. Queensland.
(7) King Is. in the Bass Strait.
(8) Sc. Interior of South Australia (Eyre Peninsula and Kangaroo Is.) to nw. Victoria and adjacent New South Wales.
(9) Sw. Western Australia n. to Point Cloates and e. from Shark Bay to sw. South Australia.
(10) New Caledonia.
(11) Loyalty Is. ( Mare and Uvea Is.).
(12) Loyalty Is. (Lifou Is.).
(13) Vanuatu (Tanna and Aniwa Is.).
(14) Vanuatu (Espiritu Santo).
(15) N. Vanuatu, Banks Is. and Torres Is.
(16) Banks Is. (Vanua Lava).
(17) Fiji Is.
Colonized New Zealand in 1855 and has now extended e. to Chatham Is. and Campbell Is. Colonized Norfolk Is. In 1904). Colonized the Tuamotu Archipelago (Makatea Is.) in 1986.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.