Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Bushshrikes and Allies :: Brown-crowned Tchagra
Brown-crowned Tchagra Tchagra australis
Described by: Smith, A. (1836)
Alternate common name(s): Souza's Tchagra, Brown-headed Bushshrike, Brown-headed Tchagra, Three-streaked Tchagra
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
Range(1) Guinea, s. Mali, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria.
(2) Nigeria, Cameroon s. to Gabon, Congo, and w. Zaire and e. in Central African Republic, n. Zaire, s. Sudan, e. Zaire, Rwanda, Burunda, Uganda, and w. Kenya.
(3) Kenya, nw. and s. Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia to Zimbabwe and e. South Africa (n. Natal).
(4) W. Angola.
(5) Angola (Cuando).
(6) S. and se. Zaire, n. and c. Angola, nw. Zimbabwe, and nw. Zambia.
(7) Ne. Namibia, nw. Botswana, se. Angola (s. Cuando), and sw. Zambia.
(8) C. Namibia, s. Botswana, s. Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and e. South Africa (Transvaal, n. Orange Free State and nc. Cape Province).
(9) Nw. and c. Namibia, w. Botswana, sw. Zimbabwe, and n. South Africa.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.