Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Waxbills and Allies :: Green-winged Pytilia
Green-winged Pytilia Pytilia melba
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Melba Finch
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
Range(1) Senegambia, s. Mauritania, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, n. Ivory Coast, s. Niger, ne. Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Central African Republic, s. Chad (Lake Chad region), and w. Sudan.
(2) E. Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Kenya.
(4) Sw. Kenya and n. Tanzania.
(5) Se. Sudan to w. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, e. Zaire, sw Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique.
(6) S. Angola to s. Namibia, Botswana, Zaire, n. Zambia, Malawi, sw. Tanzania and ne. South Africa (Transvaal).
(7) E. Mozambique and e. South Africa (e. Natal).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.