Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Indigobirds :: Village Indigobird
Village Indigobird Vidua chalybeata
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): Green Indigobird, Purple Indigobird, South African Indigobird
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Senegambia, s. Mauritania, sw. Mali, Guinea, and Sierra Leone.
(2) Mali, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin, s. Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, s. Chad, Central African Republic, c. and s. Sudan.
(3) W. and c. Ethiopia, s. Somalia.
(4) E. Zaire, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya and w. Tanzania.
(5) Angola, n. Botswana and w. Zambia.
(6) S. Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, e. Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and ne. South Africa (Transvaal).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.