Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Falcons and Caracaras :: Barred Forest-Falcon
Barred Forest-Falcon Micrastur ruficollis
Described by: Vieillot (1817)
Alternate common name(s): Barred Forest Falcon, Barred Forest-falcon
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America, nw. South America to subtropical s. South America;
(1) Mexico (Guerrero, Hidalgo, Veracruz s. along both slopes) s. to Nicaragua.
(2) Costa Rica, Panama, w. Colombia (nw. Andes of the Cauca Valley and Quindio area on the w. slope) and w. Ecuador.
(3) E. Colombia (Perija Mountains and Santa Marta Mountains) and n. Venezuela in the foothills of the e. Andes s. perhaps to n. and e. Bolivia.
(4) Se. Colombia (Macarena Mountains in s. Meta), e. Ecuador, e. Peru, w. Amazonian Brazil, s. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam and Guiana.
(5) S. of Amazonia in e. Brazil (Bahia), Paraguay and nc and ne. Argentina.
(6) Nw. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.