Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Falcons and Caracaras :: Lanner Falcon
Lanner Falcon Falco biarmicus
Described by: Temminck (1825)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeSe. Europe, Middle East and Africa;
(1) Se. Europe from Italy, Sicily, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Greece including is. e. to Turkey in Armenia, n. Iraq, nw. Iran, Azerbaijan s. to Lebanon and Arabia.
Formerly in sw. Spain.
(2) Nw. Africa (Mauritania, Morocco and Tunisia).
(3) Ne. Africa in Egypt and n. Sudan to Israel, Arabia and Iraq.
(4) Senegambia, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Sudan, n. Zaire, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, Uganda, n. Kenya (Lake Baringo northward).
(5) S. Zaire and s. Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Zambia, Malawi, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa (Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.