Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pheasants and Partridges :: Crested Francolin
Crested Francolin Francolinus sephaena
Described by: Smith, A. (1836)
Alternate common name(s): Kirk's Francolin
Old scientific name(s): Peliperdix sephaena, Dendroperdix sephaena
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
RangeE. Africa; Angola;
Small isolated population in Angola;
(1) E. Ethiopia, Somalia and ne. Kenya (near Moyale).
(2) Se. Sudan and w. Ethiopia, ex. ne. Zaire, Uganda and Kenya (widespread except in sw.) to c. Tanzania.
(3) Ne. Somalia and e. Kenya (coastal lowlands) s. to Tanzania, Malawi and c. Mozambique.
(4) S. Angola, nw. Namibia, n. and e. Botswana, s. Zambia, nw. Zimbabwe, s. Malawi and wc. Mozambique.
(5) Se. Botswana and se. Zimbabwe to s. Mozambique and ne. South Africa (e. Natal, Transvaal, Swaziland).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.