Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Bustards :: White-bellied Bustard
White-bellied Bustard Eupodotis senegalensis
Described by: Vieillot (1820)
Alternate common name(s): Barrow's Bustard, Senegal Bustard, White-bellied Korhaan
Old scientific name(s): Neotis cafra, Otis cafra
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
RangeAfrica s. of the Sahara;
Four major populations and several local populations;
(1) Sw. Mauritania and Senegambia, s. Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, s. Niger, Nigeria Cameroon, n. Central African Republic, s. Chad, and the Nile River in s. Sudan. Nw. Ethiopia?
(2) Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, n. Uganda, and c. s. and se. Kenya to ne. Tanzania (Serengeti National Park).
(3) S. Kenya and w. Tanzania.
(4) Gabon, s. Congo, e. Angola, sw. and se. Zaire and w. Zambia.
(5) Se. Botswana to e. South Africa (Orange Free State, Lesotho, Transvaal, w. Natal, Swaziland and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.